In this AR15 build guide, we put together a list of upper and lower parts to complete a custom build AR15.
For around approximately $1100, you can build a durable AR 15 rifle with exact parts you want, and you can upgrade it even more later.
Let's check them out...
Top AR15 Parts To Make An AR15
Disclosure: All products have affiliate links for earning commission to support the website when you purchase
- Spike Tactical Lower (Any receiver will do)
- BCM Grip Mod 3 - Perfect grip angle and ergonomics
- Magpul CTR stock - Very durable and slick looking
- Geissele SDE Trigger - Much clean trigger break than factory trigger
- Radian Talon 45/90 - Angled firing selector for faster mode switch
- Anti Walk Pins - Prevents trigger group pins from walking out
- Geissele Super 42 Braided Buffer Spring - Extend spring service life
- H2 Buffer (Normal Use) or H3 (Suppressed)
- Geissele Lower Parts Kit - It works
- BCM AR Trigger Guard - Any would work
- Magpul BAD Lever - Enables firing hand bolt lock/release
- BCM Mil Spec Buffer Tube - It works
Check out more billet receiver options here
Upper Receiver Build
- Aero Precision M4E1 upper (with or without forward assist)
- Bolt-Up System DD Barrel Nut Wrench
- Midwest Industry Combat Rail
- Ballistic Advantage 16" barrel
- 0.750" size Gas Block
- Carbine Length Gas Tube
- Geissele Airborne Charging Handle
- Surefire War Comp 556-1/2-28
You will need the following tools to successfully assemble all components.
- 1/2" drive Torque wrench (50 - 80 ft lb torque)
- Receiver reaction rod
- Anti seize compound
- Loctite compound
- Vice clamp
- Work bench (Must have to apply torque)
- Punch pins
- Screw driver
If you're only building one rifle, we highly recommend buying a complete upper receiver so you don't have to buy a heavy work bench and vice clamp
Check out popular complete AR15 upper receiver on our site
As the content creator of badassoptic.com, My background in the firearms industry and shooting sports gives me the experience to recommend tried and true products and keep away subpar ones.