In this AR15 build guide, we put together a list of upper and lower parts to complete a custom build AR15.
For around approximately $1100, you can build a durable AR 15 rifle with exact parts you want, and you can upgrade it even more later.
Let's check them out...
Top AR15 Parts To Make An AR15
- Spike Tactical Lower (Any receiver will do)
- BCM Grip Mod 3 - Perfect grip angle and ergonomics
- Magpul CTR stock - Very durable and slick looking
- Geissele SDE Trigger - Much clean trigger break than factory trigger
- Radian Talon 45/90 - Angled firing selector for faster mode switch
- Anti Walk Pins - Prevents trigger group pins from walking out
- Geissele Super 42 Braided Buffer Spring - Extend spring service life
- H2 Buffer (Normal Use) or H3 (Suppressed)
- Geissele Lower Parts Kit - It works
- BCM AR Trigger Guard - Any would work
- Magpul BAD Lever - Enables firing hand bolt lock/release
- BCM Mil Spec Buffer Tube - It works
Check out more billet receiver options here
Upper Receiver Build
- Aero Precision M4E1 upper (with or without forward assist)
- Bolt-Up System DD Barrel Nut Wrench
- Midwest Industry Combat Rail
- Ballistic Advantage 16" barrel
- 0.750" size Gas Block
- Carbine Length Gas Tube
- Geissele Airborne Charging Handle
- Surefire War Comp 556-1/2-28
You will need the following tools to successfully assemble all components.
- 1/2" drive Torque wrench (50 - 80 ft lb torque)
- Receiver reaction rod
- Anti seize compound
- Loctite compound
- Vice clamp
- Work bench (Must have to apply torque)
- Punch pins
- Screw driver
If you're only building one rifle, we highly recommend buying a complete upper receiver so you don't have to buy a heavy work bench and vice clamp
Check out popular complete AR15 upper receiver on our site
There are so many optics available on the market. Most people put a red dot sight on the rifle for training and defensive use.
To get the most out of your AR15's effective range, please check out the following scope options: