Are you in the market for the best green laser sights for a handgun that is accurate and more visible during the day?
Frustrated with your pistol accuracy? Are you missing shots? Have you been trying to figure out how to be more accurate? Getting a rail-mounted green laser sight like the Viridian X5L can help significantly.
A high-quality green tactical laser sight is about 20X more visible than a red laser sight, and it helps train your grip and finger control, and also helps you shoot in improvised positions.
Here are some of our best laser sights under $300.
Top 4 Best Green Laser Sights For Handgun – Hottest Selling Accessories
Today’s gun laser has high-quality green diode and external construction. They’re durable and powerfully bright. It will absorb recoil forces with each shot and continue to function.
Viridian X5L Gen 2
- High Lumen Light – Laser and light combo is perfect for personal defense, Increased high-intensity strobe light for dark environments as well as giving the aggressor nowhere to hide
- Compact Size For Carrying – Compact size in a small package for concealed carry or duty carry, reduced the weight burden and carry it on you longer
Crimson Trace Rail Master
- Versatile Design For Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun – Simply fits on any M1913 Picatinny or Weaver-style accessory rail, High quality built quality for handling the sharpest recoil and still remain accurate
- Programmable Laser Control – Customize among 4 operational modes including laser with a strobe light, included Auto Shut Off feature to conserve battery life
- Same Powerful Laser as X5L But Smaller – Even in a smaller size than the X5L Gen 2 for subcompact handguns, using only one CR2 battery for over 4+ hours constant on and projects 5 mW green laser up to 100 yards in daylight and 2 miles at night
- Powerful White Light For Darkness – Ready for any lighting condition, the included 100 lumens constant on and 140-lumen light keeps you operational in the dark as well as keeping your enemy scared of you for personal defense
Streamlight TLR 2 (Green Laser)
- Now Ready With A Green Laser – The hottest selling product from Streamlight, powered by 2 3V CR123A lithium batteries, instantly attach to any handgun rail mounts in seconds to be rated as the most intense bright, virtually indestructible tactical light and laser combo
- Works For Lefties & Righties – Easy to access the activation switch is important for any handgun carriers, activate it fast with the ambidextrous momentary switch from both sides to instantly light up the target and engage
Popular Guns To Pair Light & Laser Combo With
Glock 19 is one of the most popular handguns out there. It’s compact and JUST feels right in the hands for most people.
Most people who conceal carry would like to pair the gun with some sort of light and maybe a laser for target identification & faster aiming. The Surefire XC-2 and Streamlight TLR 8 are our 2 go to products for it.
The CZ Scorpion EVO has been a very popular pistol caliber carbine in the last few years. It feels like an new MP5 to bring to the range with, but it’s a completely different experience.
The X5L is one light and laser combo recommended for the CZ EVO, please check out other light options for this sub-gun on our website.
Red Or Green Laser
The human eye picks up a green laser more than any other color spectrum. Whether in low light or daylight condition, you can pick up the visible green laser easier and faster. The green laser emits about 520nm, and a red laser sight only emits 650nm. It’s a 20% difference.
This is almost 20X the speed advantage in self-defense. You can immediately focus the bright green laser on the target.
- Instantly place laser on the target without fixed sights
- 20X more visible during day time
- Control trigger and muzzle better for follow-up shots
- Front sight muzzle rise doesn’t affect your ability to reacquire the aim
- Recoil proof
- A dead battery will cause a malfunction
- The green laser is expensive
- Require custom made holster
- Offset holdover training
Use For Improvised Shooting Positions
Whether you’re a policeman, military or every day conceal-carry users, shooting accurately in improvised shooting positions is important in self-defense situations and laser sight is here to help.
If you’re shooting on the move, run or on the ground trying to get back up. You will not always use your fixed sights in a reactive situation.
Once the laser is on, just aim and shoot and a majority of shooters have reported that they placed a more accurate shot group on the target with the laser assist.
Get Super Tight Shot Groups & Fast Follow-Up Shot
Accuracy and speed are the two very important prevailing components in defensive shootings.
No Sights? No Problem! Use a Laser
Traditional handgun training emphasizes focusing on the front sight post when shooting. Using a bright tactical green laser sight completely change that for you. First of all, you no longer have to line up the fixed sights. You don’t need to focus on the front sight.
All you need to do is placing the green laser on the target and shoot. Wherever the laser is, is where the bullet is going. Since light travels fast, you can see where the muzzle is pointing even the slightest movement.
Night-Time & Low Light Shooting
Image Referenced Crimson Trace
It’s night and day difference when you shoot in the dark with a green laser. The green diode generally generates more wavelength for the human eye to pick up. Sometimes in a humid, or a dusty in-door environment, you can even see the visible laser line.
Another concern is that you can’t see your sights well in the dark even if you have night sights. Night sight’s brightness in the dark is still not enough compared to a laser. You just have to draw your gun and start shooting in less than 10 yards.
This is why a laser sight is so useful and it can lit up part of the room.
Constant Offset Zero
The best zero for a firearm laser sight is to use constant offset zero. Lasers are usually easier to pick up within 50 yards; therefore it’s used for close quarter shooting.
You can use a laser bore sight in conjunction to zero your laser.
Frequent Battery Check
Maintaining your laser sight is important for personal defense. You can’t rely on the laser if the battery ran out. I recommend checking your battery every three weeks to make sure they work or swap them out.
Activate Laser Without Fumbling
Learn how to activate the laser consistently without fumbling takes practice. The five recommended green laser sight systems above all have different ways of activating the laser. Some are easier, and some are harder. Generally, a grip activated laser is recommended for one-hand operation.
Laser Sight Helps Beginner Learn Faster
Image Referenced CheaperThanDirt
In a learning environment, new shooters can master their grip, aim and trigger control by watching how much the laser is moving on target.
It’s a game-changer for teaching beginners how to shoot a handgun accurately by showing them how the smallest amount of jerking movement affects accuracy.
Trigger control is the hardest thing for new shooters to master in the beginning. A laser sight can immediately give the shooter feedback on how to keep the muzzle steady on the target.
Very often students get immediate feedback and understanding on how poor trigger control can throw off a shot in the distance.
Best Laser & Light Combo
Having both doesn’t hurt. You can choose either option. My favorite setup is the Viridian X5L over other options.
Not only you get a powerful tactical green laser sight, but you can activate the intense strobe light at the same time — the light and laser combo multiple the fear factor by another 10X in a self-defense situation.
Surefire and Steiner have the most badass light & laser combo, but it’s too expensive. If you have the money, then go for it.
Where To Buy Customized Holster To Accommodate Mounted Lights And Lasers?
Looking for a holster to fit your laser sight?
Something like a Kydex holster is a pretty good option and you need to custom make it accommodate the accessories.
For conceal carry users, the best place I recommend is Bravo Concealment. Over tens and thousands of holsters are sold, and their goal is to make great, concealable, and comfortable gun holsters at a great price. They have a large selection of gun types and configuration to choose from. Check it out here.