Why upgrade your Smith Wesson M&P Shield's recoil spring guide rod to improve slide cycling and to reduce recoil?
The factory guide rod works, and aftermarket ones work better to reduce recoil, and here is best Smith Wesson recoil spring guide rod upgrades that you can easily tweak your shooting performance.
Disclosure: Some products may have affiliate links for earning commission to support the website when you purchase
DPM Recoil Reduction Guide Rod
The DPM Smith & Wesson Recoil Reduction System is an aftermarket enhancement for your M&P Shield, designed to improve the efficiency and longevity of your weapon. Constructed from sturdy metal, it's engineered to withstand the full force of your firearm with minimal maintenance needs.
The system includes a durable recoil rod which contributes to the overall robustness of your firearm. Enclosed within the rod are springs that control the movement of your slide, optimizing its path and preventing unnecessary impact against the frame.
The system comes with three different springs, providing the flexibility to configure your firearm according to your preferences and needs. In particular, the heaviest spring can help achieve significant recoil reduction.
- Faster follow-up shots
- Improved firing speed
- The system helps prevent the slide from ramming into the frame, thereby protecting both components.
- Elimination of jams
- Significant recoil reduction with the heaviest spring
- Better double-tap concentration
- Better control and greater accuracy
- While the system does make the slide easier to rack and lock, it does not completely solve the challenge of managing many moving parts in a compact firearm like the M&P Shield.
- Some users have observed only a modest improvement in the ease of cycling the weapon (around 15-20% better)
As the content creator of badassoptic.com, My background in the firearms industry and shooting sports gives me the experience to recommend tried and true products and keep away subpar ones.