The Kel Tec RDB series rifle is one very unique and HOT SELLING .223/5.56mm bullpup design on the market today.
In this optic pairing guide, let’s take a look at the best optic for Kel Tec RDB, Most optics will work well on this rifle including LPVOs.
- EOTECH EXPS3
- Holosun 510C
- Holosun 515CM
- Vortex Razor HD 1-6X
Let’s read their reviews.
Best Sight For Kel Tec RDB [Magnified Optics Included]
- EOTECH EXPS3-0 - Holographic Weapon Sight in black with 68MOA ring & 1 MOA dot reticle
- Night Vision Compatible - Works with all Gen 1-3 night vision devices
- Side Button Operation - Compact design and side button operation consumes minimal rail space and is ideal for use with a G33 Magnifier
- Mount - Quick Detach lever fits 1" Weaver and MIL-STD 1913 Rails
- The Holosun HS510C New advanced technology LED allows up to 50,000 hours of operation on one CR2032 battery
- 2 MOA dot and a 65 MOA ring, Dot only, Ring only, or Dot and Ring reticle combinations
- Unlimited field of view, Titanium-alloyed, shock resistant hood
- Powered by both battery and solar
Vortex Razor HD 1-6X
- The Razor HD Gen II-E sheds nearly a 1/4 pound from its predecessor, is feature rich, and extremely accurate in short to medium applications. The JM-1 BDC reticle with an illuminated center dot...
- The APO optical system delivers stunning image quality through premium, high density, extra-low dispersion glass. All lenses are fully multi-coated with XR plus anti-reflective coatings to increase...
- A low-profile locking illumination dial has 11 levels of brightness with off positions between each setting. The second focal plane reticle with a daylight bright center dot provides red dot...
- Streamlined zero resettable turrets track precisely and offer ample adjustment in a single turn. An ultra-forgiving eyebox with generous eye relief promotes fast target acquisition and optimal...
- Automatic on and off based on motion, 2 moa dot & 65 moa circle
- Reduced training time and ammunition
- Durable and reliable construction
- Low mount and 1/3 co-witness mount included
Why Get Kel Tec RDB Over AUG, X95 & Desert Tech MDR
The only reason this rifle is selling like cakes is it’s optimized right out of the gate for its trigger, last shot bolt holds open, and downward ejection.
The bottom ejection allows lefties and righties to shoot the gun without having to wary about hot brass hitting their mouths.
The factory trigger is probably the best as much as a regular AR15 trigger, which is 10X better than X95 and other bullpups out there.
This rifle is no doubt a range gun, but definitely not a home defense weapon due to some flaws in the design, for example, the magazine release tends to bump into the shooter’s hand and accidentally release the mag.
This rifle is great for CQB and medium-range shooting up to 200 yards, therefore red dot sights and low power variable optics are great.
The RDB features a 17.2″ button-cut nitrided steel barrel capable of hitting 3 – 5 MOA at about 100 meters using standard 55gr 5.56mm ammo.
Bullpup Optics Buyer’s Guide
Let’s start by understanding why bullpup rifles are getting so popular on the market. A perceived short barrel rifle is great for close quarter shooting such as clearing rooms and tight spaces.
Having a wide field of view holographic sight or a red dot sight is optimal for this type of rifle setup for maximum situational awareness, shooting with both eyes open and target acquisition.
Most optics on the market today have up to 50K hours of battery life and they’re built to withstand 7.62mm and 5.56mm recoil and still maintain accuracy.
Optics like the EOTech, Holosun 510C and Aimpoint lookalike optics are great options right out of the box.
What Should You Consider When Getting An Optic For A Bullpup Rifle
When buying an optic for a bullpup, there is nothing special compared to buying one for an AR-style rifle.
An optic’s ability to handle recoil impulse is important to keep the reticle emitter inside the sighting system stay true.
Most recommended optics for the Kel Tec RDB can withstand repeated recoil for 5.56mm and 7.62mm rounds without any problem.
What you don’t want is airsoft grade red dot sights that are $50 – $60 because they’re not designed to handle any type of vibration or impact.
Long battery life is always a good spec to have on a red dot sight. 50K hours of battery life is now the industry standard.
Products from the Holosun, Trijicon, Aimpoint, Vortex and many others have reached that standard by just using a single CR2032 battery.
Wide field of view
Wide optic glass gives the shooter better situational awareness and target acquisition speed. Depend on your preference, the less optic frame that blocks the shooter’s peripheral vision the better the field of view is.
Optic weight should stay below 12 oz or less. Sights like the Aimpoint Micro & Trijicon MRO are also a great option for the rifle. lightweight, robust and long-lasting are reasons to get for your Kel Tec or other rifles of yours.
Since it’s a bullpup rifle with the weight of the ammo in the rear, we suggest mounting optic more forward of the gun to balance the weight.or wherever the center of gravity of the gun without the mag in your hands.
Most people love the fact that the top rail optic mount has about 0.25″ height, which means all you need is a low or medium mount to have the perfect cheek weld.
In other words, you don’t need a 1/3rd co-witness height to mount if you’re using a red dot sight or holo sight. A low mount will be just fine.
Magnified Optic For Distance Shooting
The Vortex RAZOR HD 1-6X is one top of the line low power variable optic, but there are other options available for your price range.
This rifle can reach 200 yards with no problem, with the extended length barrel models can maybe shooter a little further accurately. Honest opinion, I will go for other rifles than the RDB to shoot long range. With the CBD I would just look no more than 200 yards.
Kel Tec RDB has been a popular rifle on the market so far, it’s a unique bullpup with improved features than others.
Picking a red dot sight or holosight is great for the rifle for CQB applications. This gun is designed for CQB and long range, but many would agree they will only use this gun for the range for close range shooting.
Wide field of view and long battery life are also great features to have for CQB shooters who wants wide situational awareness.
Hope you find these recommendations helpful!