The Beretta U22 NEOS is honestly a strange-looking pistol. It kinda feels like someone made it be a conceptual NERF gun.
The gun is chambered in rimfire 22LR, and the best red dot for Beretta NEOS is Burris FastFire 3 or Holosun 507C. They’re great affordable optics for teaching someone for the first time how to shoot a gun with an optic.
If you’re interested in buying something more Mil-Spec that you can use on the NEOS and other guns, please check out on our site the list of ultimate pistol optics
But if you just want an affordable and durable red dot for the NEOS, we got 3 favorite ones for you…
Best Optics For Beretta U22 NEOS [Inexpensive]
These recommended optics for rimfire 22LR are affordable and small in size.
If you want something ridiculous and fun like the EOTECH, You can check out this list here on our site.
|PREVIEW||PRODUCT||FEATURES||CHECK ON AMAZON||CHECK ON OPTICSPLANET|
HOLOSUN HS507C (2 MOA)
|CHECK ON AMAZON||CHECK ON OPTICSPLANET|
LOWEST PROFILE OPTIC
|CHECK ON AMAZON||CHECK ON OPTICSPLANET|
BEST FOR THE MONEY
BURRIS FASTFIRE 3
|CHECK ON AMAZON||CHECK ON OPTICSPLANET|
Did you know you can convert your Beretta U22 NEOS into a 16″ long carbine with a stock?
Check out the conversion kit here…
The FastFire III is the best selling mini red dot available in 3 MOA or 8 MOA red dot sizes. It’s light, tough and It’s one of the best red dot optics for 9mm and 22LR style guns.
- Light & Tough For Speed Advantage – Increase speed on target with this super small sight as the primary or backup offset optic
- Weaver Mount Included – Included weaver mount for installing it on the Beretta NEOS
- PINPOINT ACCURACY – The FastFire III puts an unmistakable red dot at the point of impact within your field of view, giving you an immediate advantage in speed and accuracy.
- LIGHTWEIGHT OPTICS – With lightweight construction and durable design, the FastFire III can be used as a primary sight or paired on top of an existing sight.
- VERSATILITY DEFINED – Rely on the automatic brightness sensor to adjust to match the environmental conditions or choose one of the three manual brightness settings.
- RED DOT SIGHT – Choose a 3 MOA dot, popular on rifles or with anyone wanting more pinpoint accuracy, or choose the 8 MOA dot, which is ideal for short range shooters and fast acquisiton.Windage...
The Vortex Viper is similar to the Burris FastFire 3 from Vortex Optics. It’s extremely low optic mounting height & 6 MOA dot makes it great for mounting on the pistol slide for fast target acquisition speed on close quarter targets.
The sight takes 1 CR2032 battery, which lasts up to 30,000 hours on low setting and the shooters can also co-witness with suppressor height iron sights or fiber optic sights very easily.
For the U22 NEOS, this is also a great pick if you like Vortex more than the Burris. The sight only weighs 2.1 oz with the weaver mount. Brightness controls are easy on the left side of the optic.
The recessed 1 MOA/Click windage & elevation adjustments are protected from incidental contact. For the price, it’s a great optic for 22LR pistols in general.
- The Viper Red Dot Sight has a super low-profile making it perfect for handguns with cut-out slides.
- The Viper's low height allows it to co-witness with iron sights and the 6 MOA dot is easy to pick up and get you on target fast. Power and illumination controls are easy for shooters to access and...
- The fully multi-coated, ultra-clear lens offers a wide, unobstructed field of view while Armortek coatings protect your lens from oil, dirt, and scratches.
- Hard anodized finish- highly durable low-glare matte finish. 1 MOA windage and elevation adjustments move the dot to your point of aim.
Holosun has been making some high-performance red dot sights for a well, and recently they got into the mil-spec quality stuff that tons of people love.
The Holosun 507C is one of the diamond in the rough, even better than Trijicon RMR for its durability, performance, battery life, and cost.
The solar fail safe feature keeps the optic working even if the battery is completely dead, which it going to take almost 5-10 years until you finally see it happen.
If you want the best of the best for plinking on the U22 NEOS, then switch to a more series centerfire handgun like the Glock, the Holosun 507C is the one to get. Also, check out the NEW HE508T made with titanium alloy – about 35% stronger than 7075 T6 aluminum body.
In addition, It comes with a Weaver-style screw mount that goes directly on top of the U22 NEOS rail.
- Parallax free optical design, with unlimited Eye relief/multi-reticle System
- Shake awake technology with last setting recall
- Solar cell and high capacity Battery provide dual power supplies
- Industry standard footprint for your pistol mounting needs/CNC Machined with 7075 aluminum housing
Maybe red dot sight isn’t your thing yet, and you’re looking for NEOS sight upgrade that’s less expensive for fast target acquisition speed.
The EWK Arms Fiber optic front sight is a great alternative. It’s bright enough for your eyes to pick up under the light, and it’s just under $30.
The factory front sight blade is dull and sometimes it’s not so easy to pick up, and it’s terrible.
The good news is that you can very quickly switch it out with the green fiber optic front sight, just make sure you do with the right tools when taking off the factory blade front sight.
The fiber optic rod is permanently installed in the sight. Installation is quick and easy-just a matter of backing out and tightening the retaining screw with a 1.5MM Allen wrench. Buy the Allen wrench set here from Amazon for cheap.
The Beretta U22 NEOS’s top integrated rail accepts fiber optics simply by sliding it on & screw tight it.
U22 NEOS Practical Applications – Mostly For Plinking
The Beretta NEOS is strictly a range plinking handgun. This single action 22LR uses a slide blowback system, which is best for plinking and casual shooting.
Also great for entry-level shooters because it’s light, low recoil & simple ergonomics, which new shooters want.
The integrated rail accepts Weaver-style optic mounts as well as a fully adjustable rear sight, which is perfect for mounting pistol red dot right out of the box.
The Holosun HS407C is the best optic if you plan on using it on other series centerfire pistols. It’s affordable and mil-spec strong over other cheaper ones.
For the money, the Burris FastFire 3 is our pick for its long track record for being one of the best selling micro red dot sights for rimfire and centerfire guns.
No matter which optic you pick you will have a blast on the range whether you’re teaching a beginner shooter or plinking, you will not disappoint.
Check out more: Best Ruger MARK IV 10/22 Red Dot Sights
Beretta NEOS Optics FAQ
Green Or Red Fiber Optic Front Sight For Beretta NEOS?
All based on personal perference. Green front sight tend to be more visible and faster to pick up for most shooters under bright lighting conditions.
Should You Use A Laser Sight On U22?
Laser sight in general can be effective for close quarter self defense for fast aiming without aiming through the iron sights.
For 22LR shooting, it’s MORE for fun than for anything else tactical.
Where To Mount A Red Dot On U22 NEOS?
The Beretta U22 NEOS has the top weaver style rail for you to mount optics. Depend on which red dot you get, there is always the wiggle room for you to adjust to fit what works for you.
The key is to mount it where the weight of the gun is balanced in your hands, and it’s consistent for you to pick up the red dot.
The only way to truly find out is to go to the range and test it.
Which Reticle Dot Sizes To Use For the 22LR NEOS?
For the 22LR pistol, 3 – 4 MOA seems to be a good balance for speed and accuracy at close range. For long-range rimfire shooting, the scopes require a bit more consideration.
8 MOA dot is most popular for shooting short-range like up to 4-15 yards especially with handguns or shotguns. The larger dot makes target acquisition quicker.
The 1 – 3 MOA dot sizes are most popular with long guns for more pinpoint accuracy, as the smaller dot covers far less of the overall target area.
Practical To Shoot Beretta NEOS With Red Dot?
Shooting with iron sight works if you enjoy it. As our gun culture has shifted towards using red dot optics more often on handguns, it feels weird to shoot without it.
It’s not necessary, but it gives a new pistol shooting experience when you can pick up dots fast and for people with aging eyes to aim more precisely than with iron sights.