In this optics guide, let’s take a look at the best red dot sights for Ruger MARK IV 22/45 LITE pistol.
The Ruger MARK IV is probably the most popular 22LR pistols on the market. It’s a great plinking gun and a beginner training tool with almost no recoil.
The new MARK IV LITE 22/45 with top Picatinny rail is a blast to shoot when you mount an optic on it.
But there are others available under $300, which are perfect for performance 22LR guns.
let’s check it out
Best Ruger 22/45 LITE Red Dot Comparison Chart
- The Venom Red Dot Sight-3 MOA promotes rapid target acquisition while providing a precise point of aim; getting shots down range and on target fast. The Venom's aluminum housing ensures this unit will...
- High quality, fully multi-coated lenses offer a clean, wide field of view. Power and dot intensity controls are conveniently located on the left side of the sight to choose between 10 brightness...
- The Venom also has an auto-brightness mode that uses an ambient light sensor to control dot intensity if the shooter prefers. Parallax Free
- 1 MOA wind age and elevation adjustments are super sleek and make sighting in a breeze. The top load system makes changing the CR1632 battery a breeze, as you will not have to remove your sight to...
- GUARANTEED: This product is covered by a 3-Year Limited Warranty. For questions or warranty contact us at email@example.com
- RETICLE: Featuring a 3. 5 MOA round aiming dot, fully adjustable for wind age & elevation
- LOW PROFILE MOUNT: Industry standard mounting interface with low profile M1913 Pica tinny Mount
- EXTERNALLY ACCESSIBLE BATTERY COMPARTMENT: Designed for practical ease of use in the field. The battery can be changed without removing the optic or affecting the zero
- INCLUDES: Holosun HS407C 2MOA Micro Red Dot Sight | Energizer Coin Battery-1
- SHAKE AWAKE: It comes equipped with Holosun's Shake Awake technology with last setting recall. .
- LONG BATTERY LIFE: up to 100, 000 hours, Other features found on the Holosun HS407C red-dot sight include shake-awake technology that automatically turns on the dot once movement is detected in order...
- FITS YOUR MOUNTING NEEDS: Industry standard footprint for your pistol mounting needs
- PINPOINT ACCURACY – The FastFire III puts an unmistakable red dot at the point of impact within your field of view, giving you an immediate advantage in speed and accuracy.
- LIGHTWEIGHT OPTICS – With lightweight construction and durable design, the FastFire III can be used as a primary sight or paired on top of an existing sight.
- VERSATILITY DEFINED – Rely on the automatic brightness sensor to adjust to match the environmental conditions or choose one of the three manual brightness settings.
- RED DOT SIGHT – Choose a 3 MOA dot, popular on rifles or with anyone wanting more pinpoint accuracy, or choose the 8 MOA dot, which is ideal for short range shooters and fast acquisiton.Windage...
The size of the lens help you find the dot faster on target. Since the Ruger 22/45 LITE has that 1911 style grip angle, it’s very easy to present the gun and acquire the dot off draw.
Among the 5 products, the Vortex Venom and Holosun HS407C just feel right in the hand with the right amount of glass window for the shooter to see through.
Fast On Target
A red dot optic on a pistol makes acquiring the target fast without aligning the sight picture at all. The brightness of the dot, sight weight, sight height and the size of the reticle are all important aspects of a good handgun sight while staying low profile.
Effective Range of 22LR
Is using a red dot sight over kill on a 22LR pistol?
Even through 22LR isn’t considered a high precision caliber for long range shooting, but it’s damn accurate up to 150 yards though the most effective range is 100 yards before dealing with the large ballistic drop.
Shooting standard 40 grain CCI 22 High Velocity ammo with 1235 fps, you can expect between 0.5 to 0.9″ diameter shot group at about 25 yards with a 1 or 2 MOA red dot reticle.
What Distance To Zero The Sight For Ruger 22/45 Lite
When zeroing the red dot sight for the MARK IV 22/45, 25 to 50 yard zero are good distances to zero your sight.
MOA Dot Size
1 MOA to 3 MOA dot size for a 22LR pistol is enough for getting effective hit up to 100 yards.
The bigger the dot over 3 or 6 MOA will cover too much of the targets up close for a 22 caliber zine bullet hole.
Is Mounting An Expensive Red Dot On A 22LR Pistol Necessary?
The answer is NO from the perspective of cost and its very much up to the shooter if he/she wants a $600 Trijicon RMR on a 22LR. Generally speaking a expensive sight goes with high recoil calibers.
Optic like the Burris FastFire 3, Vortex Venom and Sig ROMEO1 feel like they will break on a 357 sig, but on a 22LR it will be just fine.
So it’s NOT necessary to have an expensive optic on a 22LR pistol, again… its all up to your budget.
The Holosun HS407C is the best red dot sight that has the strongest build quality over others. Extremely long-lasting battery life and performance is why we’re recommending.
The next option is the Vortex Venom for its lightweight and slick feel on the Mark IV.
No matter which optic you pick you will have a blast on the range whether you’re teaching a beginner shooter or plinking, you will not disappoint.