Tactical weapon light provides the shooter illumination in dark environments for target identification and non lethal vision impairment.
You want a light beam that’s concentrated and wide angle illumination for maximum reach and situational awareness in dark areas.
If you’re looking for the best weapon light for Glock 19 and other compact size models, here they are:
The Surefire X300 is always the top of the line but the regular model is very affordable. Besides that the Inforce APLc and Streamlight TLR7 are extremely popular for compact size Glocks where the light fits flush with the muzzle, which is popular for conceal carry.
Check out their performances below:
Best Tactical Weapon Light For Compact Glock Compact Models
- Special off-white high-performance LED produces 600 lumens, biased in the yellowish-green spectrum optimal for human vision
- Precision TIR lens creates a smooth, tight beam with enough surround light for peripheral illumination
- Switching-Ambidextrous push/toogle, integral, ergonomic one-finger ambidextrous momentary - and constant -on switching
- Integral aluminum T-slot mounting system offers rock-solid attachment to railed hand guns and long guns equipped with MIL-STD 1913 rails
- Compatible with Glock, most models up to Gen 4, 17, 19 Gen 5; Sig Sauer 320 Compact and 1911 GSR, 320 Carry and Full Size, P200 Series; Smith & Wesson TSW (with Riveted Rail) and 99, M&P (Full Sizes);...
- White LED produces 500 lumens; 5,000 candela; 131-meter beam; runs 1.5 hours; user enabled strobe function
- Custom optic produces a concentrated beam with optimum peripheral illumination; optimized electronics provide regulated intensity
- Durable machined aircraft aluminum construction with black anodized finish IPX7 waterproof to 1m for 30 minutes; High temperature, shock mounted, impact resistant Borofloat glass lens
- Lightweight and ultra-compact; ideal for concealed-carry Use
- Easily and securely attaches to most universal-rail-equipped handguns
- High-performance LED generates 300 lumens of tactical-level light
- Improved constant-on Activation by tapping either one of the momentary switches. To turn off, simply tap either one of the momentary switches again
- Compatible with the Glock 17, 17L, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 30, 31, 32, 34, 35, 37, 38, 40, 41 - This light will sit flush with the Glock 19 muzzle.
- The APL Compact is a brand new INFORCE product providing 200 Lumens of vibrant white light with up to 1.5 hours of runtime. Ultra-light and durable inside and out, weighing less than 2 ounces.
- The water-resistant, glass reinforced polymer body is incredibly powerful and ultra-compact. Extensively tested, it mounts completely flush with the muzzle of a Glock 19 and offers constant and...
- Textured paddles for a non-slip grip and ambidextrous on/off switches enable left or right hand activation.
- BRIGHTNESS: Features a 420 (high), 110 (low) lumen white LED flashlight with a broad beam for maximum versatility
- EASE OF USE: Instant Activation ambidextrous Tap-On / Tap-Off Controls for immediate light activation from either side of the unit
- RUNTIME: Over one hour of battery life powered by (1) CR123 battery (included)
- DURABLE: Flashlight is made of Anodized Aluminum and is waterproof/impact resistant up to 1 meter
Biggest Weapon Light Advantages
The biggest advantage of a weapon light is to keep both hands on the gun while illuminating your targets, giving you: maximum situation awareness, target transition and recoil control.
In addition, it allows you to perform improvised shooting techniques, tactical reload and clear malfunction freely without struggling to hold a flashlight.
Lumen Intensity – Highest Lumen Isn’t Everything
Most people love the compact size Glock for conceal carry and home defense, which having a weapon light is important. For outdoor environment of course the brighter the light the more you can see in your surroundings.
However, its not the best thing for indoor applications because high intensity light beam could blind you off white wall, mirror and other reflective objects up close.
You want target identification! Not to blind yourself!
Generally a 100 – 200 Lumens light is enough for indoor usage.
Light Beam Concentration
For compact Glock users, a concentrated / max peripheral illumination weapon light is always recommended because you want to maximize your situational awareness bother peripheral and in the distance in the dark.
The pattern of the LED light beam is another important spec of the light besides the lumen intensity.
- Flood Beam
- Spot Beam
- Reach & Surround Light Beam (Best of both worlds beams)
Different tactical weapon light has different beam patterns, some are more concentrated, some are more diffused, and some are in between.
What does this mean to you as a Glock user?
Beam distance and area of light coverage. A super concentrated light beam may reduce your situational awareness in a tight dark, aka less area and peripheral illumination at closer ranges.
A spot beam is focused into a narrow cone for maximum reach but horrible for a conceal carry person who wants to illuminate his surroundings for just 3-5 feet.
The problem with a super concentrated light beam is that you have to move the light away from the attacker’s eye in order to illuminate the rest of his body or surrounding.
A flood beam is the wide angle beam that acts like a sun with uniform light distribution throughout the beam, but you’re not getting much distances from it.
A balanced beam has enough concentration to blind and intimidate your attacker, and also give your wide angle illumination for your surroundings.
Activation Switch – Must Be Easy To Turn On & Off
Activation switches are important for a handgun weapon light. The way we measure the user experience is how easy a shooter can operate the switches.
- Can someone do it with one hand?
- Can someone activate the light without cycling through multiple settings?
- Can someone momentarily activate the light with just one push of a button?
- Positive contact when wearing gloves
Out of the ones we have tested, the Streamlight TLR7 has the worse feel on the activation switch, where it felt a little awkward to get use to. (Note: TLR7A is coming out with reachable toggle switches)
Other lights give the user positive contact on the switch, shooters can activate them effortlessly with either hand even wearing gloves.
CR123A battery is the most common. With just one 123A battery you can expect up to 1.5 hrs. Depend on the lumen intensity the battery life can vary.
Checking the batteries every week is recommended to ensure when you need the light it will work.
Repeated recoil can damage the light internal if it’s not high quality, which is why everything we are recommending here aren’t falling short.
Many of them have practically unbreakable LED emitter, which also has rubber seals to prevent harm to the battery over the course of recoil.
Durable aerospace grade 6061 T6 aluminum housing is a sturdy build material that can endure recoil.
Most weapon light you buy on the market will come with various mounting keys to fit your gun. For Glock pistols please go with the right one by reading the product manual.
Otherwise you might not have a tight mount, which recoil can knock it off the gun.
Most mounts are quick detach like the Surefire X300 while others require you to tighten the screw using a screwdriver, shell casing or a penny.
Glock 19 is the perfect size handgun for various applications, and one in particular is conceal carry and the best weapon lights for it are Surefire XC1, Inforce APLc and Streamlight TLR7 for having a flush fit to the muzzle.
The TLR 7 A is an exciting new release with a better and more user friendly be sure to check it out.
For home defense and outdoor applications where the overall profile of the gun isn’t too much a problem for you, then go with the industry leading SureFire X300 Ultra.
Related Content: Best Handgun Laser Sights