Check out these 8 best AR 15 complete kit minus lower receiver. We ranked these complete lower parts kits and some uppers based on cost and build features. Nothing will repeat in this list.
Check it out:
Get a lower receiver here
Best AR 15 Rifle Kits Minus Lower
Disclosure: All products have affiliate links for earning commission to support the website when you purchase
PSA MOE Carbine Length AR 15 Rifle Kit - Best AR 15 Complete Kit Minus Lower Receiver
If you're a classic Magpul MOE AR 15 setup, the PSA MOE carbine length build parts kits is one of the best high quality option for a good price.
The parts kits include:
- A complete light weight PSA M4 carbine length upper with a NATO 1/7 twist barrel, with bolt
- Magpul grip and CTR buttstock
- Full lower parts kit without main lower receiver
PSA 16" Pistol Length 300 AAC Blackout M LOK Rifle Kit - Best For 300 AAC Build
This AR 15 rifle kit features pretty much the same Mil Spec Upper and Lower components as the one recommended above. This one is chambered for 300 AAC Blackout. The barrel is Chrome Moly Vanadium 4150V with a 1:8" twist + M4 barrel extension.
The parts kits include:
- A complete upper with a Mil Spec Carpenter 158 steel bolt carrier group
- Standard 6 position A2 buttstock
- PSA 13.5" light weight M LOK free float handguard
- Complete lower parts kit (No lower receiver)
Aero Precision M4E1 Lower Parts Kit - Best Complete Lower Parts Kit
- This lower parts build kit is for anyone ONLY need a lower parts kit to finish the build
- Compete lower parts kit minus lower receiver (Trigger hammer included)
- Including Magpul MOE pistol grip
Brownells BRN 180 - Best Side Charging AR Build
If you want a non-standard AR15 build kit for a DIY gun building project, please check out the Brownells BRN 180 series kits. It features a full AR M LOK upper receiver + some parts kit
- BRN 180 Gen 2 is a special side charging AR15 inspired by 1960s' Armalite® AR-180
- It works with any standard AR15 lowers including lowers without a buffer tube assembly.
- The short stroke gas piston like the mil spec Sig MCX can shoot suppressed and unsuppressed (with adjustable gas block).
- The handguard is secured by a large single locking screw to provide tighter lockup than the previous design.
- The BRN-180 is chambered in .223 Wylde and 7.62X39. Users can purchase 10.5" 16" or 18.5 barrel length"
Geissele Automatics Super Duty - Best Durability
This is a AR15 built rifle kit features every part you need except for the lower receiver
- SMR MK16 Handguard fully locked in with upper receiver to prevent shifting
- Best complete AR15 upper assembly you can buy for a field grade AR15
- USASOC certified upper for performance, comfort and adaptability
- Stress proof forged bolt using 158+ steel
- Mil spec AR 15 buffer tube extension + recoil springs components
- Complete lower parts kit minus lower receiver
- Lower kit include Super 42 spring kit (machine gun grade) and SSA-E X lightening bow trigger
PSA MFT Battlelink Pistol Kit - Best Pistol Build Kits
This is the lower parts rifle kit recommended for finishing up the lower receiver into a AR15 pistol configuration. This kit contains:
- Mil-spec trigger kit including spring and sear
- Pistol grip + buffer tube system including spring
- Includes a Mission First Tactical Battlelink pistol stabilizer
This kit is for anyone who already have a complete AR 15 upper receiver and a lower receiver to complete the pistol build.
PSA 20" Railed Handguard Build Kit - Best 6.5 Grendel Starter kit
For anyone building a 20" rifle gas length AR 15 that shoots the 6.5 Grendel, check out the PSA 20" 6.5 Grendel build kits.
The build kits contain every thing to finish the build minus the lower receiver.
- Full rifle gas length upper receiver chambered in 6.5 Grendel
- CHF barrel
- Magpul CTR buttstock and full lower parts kit
- 15" M LOK handguard
Strike Industries AR 15 Build Kits - Best Designs
Strike industries makes a lot of stylized AR 15 lower parts that looks like they are from a FPS video game. AR 15 builders can definitely go with some of these rifle kit accessories to make the AR 15 the way they want.
As the content creator of badassoptic.com, My background in the firearms industry and shooting sports gives me the experience to recommend tried and true products and keep away subpar ones.